SE FUTURES GOLF DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Golf is a game for life and it teaches valuable life skills such as honesty, respect, courtesy, perseverance and sportsmanship.
Golf SE Futures Junior Golf Program aims to provide tuition and valuable on course experience for young golfers from Beginner to Advanced level and provides a defined development pathway to enable all participants to achieve their goals.
We encourage all players to be supportive of each other and respect the facilities provided. Experienced players are encouraged to mentor the younger and beginner players and assist the coaches when asked.
Ten sessions conducted over a 10-12 month period will comprise a series of eight (8) coaching clinics each followed by a competition of up to 9 holes as well as two (2) Golf SE Junior tournament days – mid year and end of year. All coaching clinics will be conducted by a local or visiting PGA Coach at various golf clubs in the region – see the schedule below. Experienced Community golf coaches will be assisting at all clinics. Players will be assessed throughout the year and presented with their Certificates of Achievement at the final session.
The Golf SE Futures Program is essentially made up of two groups of Junior golfers:
- SE Futures Junior Academy – For players with a maximum GA handicap of 30 (boys) or 40 (girls) and capable of playing 18 holes of competition golf. Scheduled Coaching clinics will be for 1.5 to 2 hrs followed by a competition.
As the players progress through the program they will be assessed by the coach and may be invited to join the High Performance Squads which are linked to the State development program.
Golf SE Representative teams. The following criteria will be taken into consideration when selecting a team:
- Player will be a member of the Golf SE Futures Academy Program
- Player has attended at least six coaching sessions programmed by Golf SE in the 12 months prior to the event (My Golf-Futures and/or Academy).
- Player has achieved appropriate handicap
- Player has participated regularly in approved golf competitions as per their Golflink handicap record.
- Player has proved a willingness to represent his/her region and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner
Academy registrations are to be made on the enrolment form with this document.
- SE Futures MyGolf Program – For beginners and non-handicap players. MyGolf is the National Junior Development Program designed for 5 to 12 year old’s and is the major driver of junior golf participation in Australia. Information about the MyGolf program is available online at www.mygolf.org.au . Golf South East is registered as an official MyGolf Centre and all participants in our MyGolfer program are required to register and pay online. Find the details on the MyGolf website by entering the postcode 5279 OR the name Golf South East.
- The MyGolf program will be conducted using equipment and activities designed for children with an emphasis on skill development through a mix of coaching, team games and fun.
- Participants will have the opportunity to make new friends and meet other boys and girls interested in playing golf
- No golfing experience is needed. All coaching/practice sessions and activities are carried out by qualified coaches with assistance from experienced club volunteers.
We welcome parents to come along at any time to see your child in action.
The Golf SE Futures Academy and MyGolf program is open to Boys and Girls up to 18yrs of age who live in the Limestone Coast Region.
COST: SE Futures MyGolf and Academy Program
$100 one child / $170 two children / $225 three children
- Access to golf courses and facilities
- 8 coaching clinics with qualified PGA coaches and Community Golf coaches
- Entry in 2 x Golf SE Junior golf tournaments – all levels
- Up to nine holes of golf after each clinic
- 10 x Sausage sizzle lunch and light refreshments
- All golf equipment provided for those who need it
- MyGolf Membership (excludes SE Academy Members)
PLEASE NOTE: 2017 REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 30th APRIL.
All enquiries to
Heath Sandford – Junior Coordinator – Mob: 0411 193 038; Email: email@example.com
Mary Winser – Development Committee – Mob: 0438 057 435; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org